Sunday, March 2, 2008

Things that make me go Mmm



My heart almost stopped when I first walked into Design Lovers on Otto Bauer Gasse last summer. 360m of retro goodness! Why hadn't I known about this before? Moving into a new and bigger apartment was immanent and I sorely needed a table and chairs, my back curving and aching from eating off a coffee table for years. I was not disappointed. A gorgeous tulip dining set in dark glass and plastic was delivered to my new door a few weeks later. It tickled me all the more to receive a catalog my mother then sent me showing a modern version for more than triple the price!

Lovers of 50s, 60s and 70s design, as well as of classic pieces and objects from the 19th and earlier 20th century will have a field day here. And if not, the owner, Erich Ebner is extremely helpful (and patient) in digging out what you want from his additional stock across the road. Since my first visit, I come here every so often just to sigh over all the things I would love to own... 



No comments: