Saturday, May 17, 2008

Serial Fleamarketing



Peregrinimarkt, Servitengasse, 1090 Vienna


The thrifting gods are certainly smiling down on me these days. Not only did I find the decorative duckies below at the Peregrinimarkt this morning, but yet another book I have been wishing for - on the healing power of herbs and plants. It has lovely color illustrations, and the fact that it is in German won't have me running for the dictionary whenever I want to try out some new concoction.

Why am I constantly thrifting lately? The fleamarket season has opened! Well, at least in my area. Tomorrow, the Schubertkirche will be holding one all day in the Marktgasse (1090), the legendary fleamarket in the Neubaugasse (1070) takes place on the 30th and 31st May, and on the 31st May and 1st June, the Kolpinghaus (1090) will be selling second-hand ware for charity. I plan to visit every single one of them!




1 comment:

Missa said...

I'm loving flea market season too, thrifting outdoors in nice weather is the best!