Friday, June 20, 2008

Make Space



Phew, it's a hot and humid day today, for which light, summer dresses are about the only thing I can stand. No extra heat around the middle where top and bottom overlap. Here's another (no name) LBD from my extensive (8) collection - combined with my next favorite scarf. I had almost forgotten about the dress until recently doing a "summer" cleaning of my wardrobe. Whenever I thrift something new, I try to get rid of something old to prevent it from bursting at the seams. 

What are your criteria for decluttering? Regardless of whether I bought something recently or years ago, as soon as I realize it doesn't really suit me, out it goes! Yeah, unfortunately I still make the odd mispurchase (is that a word? I looked it up but it sounds weird). It is so much better to have few yet flattering items, than hangers drooping with clothes that don't do it for you, if you ask me, that is - but I said that somewhere already...

2 comments:

Missa said...

It's supposed to get up to 97 degrees here too today, ugh! I have a growing pile of clothes right now that I'm planning to get rid of but I do struggle with getting rid of things because there have been multiple times when I've wished I handn't. It's tough, you just never know what's going to come back into style!

Sharon Rose said...

Hi Karima-Snap!! thats what I do as well to declutter-in with the new and out 1 or 2 go! This works well for me, as I also am not keen on a wardrobe bursting at the seams! I love this dress on you!