Sunday, July 6, 2008

Aboriginal Art


wag.harryscollar.com

Believe it or not, but a friend managed to procure two copies of "Colour. Travels Through the Paintbox" although he ordered them after I did. Now, there seem to be none again (grrr, Amazon!). He was magnanimous enough to give me one of them, however, and my nose has been stuck in it ever since. The first chapter is devoted to ochre and takes us to the Central Desert of Australia where, for example, one Gloria Petyarre experiments with line and color, becoming so abstract that her optical effects have evoked comparison to Bridget Reilly.

In 2001 and 2004, the Sammlung Essl presented two huge Dreamtime exhibitions which I was too ignorant to visit, and therefore now must settle for googling:


aboriginal-art.com

galeriaaniela.com.au

flg.com.au

6 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

Soo pleased that you got it in the end!!

Missa said...

Yay, you got your book! These are cool. I think they would make really nice fabric patterns.

Fashion Addict said...

I love these and I agree with missa, they would be really great fabrics!

I was wondering, would you like to do a link exchange with me?

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

These are interesting... they looked like rice grains to me at first...heehee....

I love this blog! The Chloe and Zara outfits are so stylish!!

Fashion Addict said...

thanks for adding my link!

Unicorns Have Whiskers said...

Oh, I love that book! We had to read it for art school and I bought a copy of my own so I can read it whenever I like. I think I'm going to take it as my travel reading, I'm going to Paris tomorrow.
It was nice to find your blog (I'll link you!), and many thanks for the award!