Monday, July 21, 2008

A Stylish Thriller



To culminate an eventful weekend, I rewatched an old favorite on VHS last night. "Eyes of Laura Mars" combines many of my preferred themes: photography, (late 70s) fashion, crime, (non-soppy) romance and the supernatural. Although she wears them with great panache, I am not sure about Faye Dunaway's plaids, capes and deerstalker caps - trop Sherlock Holmes! Speaking of whom, I have a DVD date tonight, to watch a few episodes of his adventures. There are many silver screen Holmeses, but none who embody his mysteriousness, arrogance and obsession quite like the actor Jeremy Brett! Highly recommendable.







3 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

yes, I agree about the cape!!

Missa said...

This movie sounds awesome! Thanks for the tip, I will definitely be checking it out!

Rox said...

Now I'm interested.. I'll have to keep my eye out for that movie!