Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hollywood Knots




I've always been awed by elegant ladies wearing headscarves in the movies, especially paired with sunglasses and riding in convertibles. Maybe it was customary years ago (when women wore gloves on a daily basis too), but I needed a good dose of guts yesterday when donning mine. It is obviously too small for that look, but just you wait. Soon I will be receiving a gorgeous vintage Hermes in the mail and can do a Babushka like Grace Kelly or a proper Kelly scarf or an Ascot Wrap... oh, the possibilities are endless!



Scarf: thrifted
Top: Santacroce
Skirt: Mango

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics and I love your commentaries and of course Kim Novaks styling in Vertigo..."Madeleine will always haunt me..." kisses, J.

Karima said...

Thanks, J. That is one great film and some amazing styling!

Sharon Rose said...

You always look so stylish and chic in a scarf!!

Missa said...

Love that shot of Grace Kelly! You fit right in too!

esme and the lane way said...

I love the head scarf look! I can't wait to see the hermes scarf...

Sharon Rose said...

Hi again Karima-I've tagged you with a Premio Award for your scarf stylishness!!