Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last Year at Krapfenwaldbad




This is where my sister and I probably spent most of our childhood summers - at a pool set in the "mountains" surrounding Vienna. Last year, I visited it for the first time after an 18 year hiatus, and fell in love with its charming old-fashioned changing cabins and magnificent views all over again. Today, unfortunately, a hail(!) storm started brewing an hour after a friend and I arrived and we fled. Obviously, some bits have been renovated (what we called "the freezing pool" back then is redone and therefore warmer), so I've vintaged the photos somewhat in reminiscence of those girlhood summers...




Storm brewing over Krapfenwaldbad, Döbling, Vienna

3 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

Absolutely stunning pictures!!

Missa said...

This looks like such a lovely place! I like the photo treatment too.

Nadia said...

great pictures!!! made me miss krapfenwald soooooo bad.