Friday, August 15, 2008

Four Gifts and a Find



Today, I helped my collector friend to declutter and pack some of her things as she sadly is forced to move apartment. Lucky for me, however, she is getting rid of some very lovely items and let me choose a few. This vase with a bok choy (cabbage leaves) design was something I'd admired at every visit - and can hardly believe it is now mine! Chinese export porcelain was especially popular in the West during the 17th through 19th centuries with bok choy motifs common from the latter half of the 19th century.


Small Indonesian painting 


This should be an interesting read in preparation for the Van Gogh exhibit at the Albertina starting in September.


Decorative amethyst with tea light holder behind

Thrifted this granny top yesterday:


2 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

Wow, what luck and such a great friend too, lovely pieces!!

Missa said...

Very lovely pieces and the first two and the last three go so well together color-wise!