Monday, August 11, 2008

Pass the Sugar, Dear



Yesterday, for some pre-birthday fun, I had a few friends over for Full Tea. As you can see, there were scones (yep, home-made!), ham and cucumber sandwiches and additional nibbly bits. My inner housewife had a field day! All that was missing was a matching set of cups, saucers and dishes, teapot and cake-stand. I remember having an adorable tiny tea set as a child. Once I find a grown-up version, Sunday afternoon tea may become a regular occurrence at my place!






Top: Bandolera
Apron and skirt: thrifted

Breaking with tradition, there was sparkling wine too!

5 comments:

Missa said...

Happy Birthday!!!

The full tea sounds like it was so much fun and you look absolutely adorable in your apron!

a cat of impossible colour said...

Yay, sounds like fun! I love your apron.

Sharon Rose said...

What a lovely event-it sounds such a treat!! Your high tea looks fabulous!

Rox said...

Happy Birthday! Everything looks yummy. I'm sure the high tea was loads of fun :)

Karima said...

thanks, ladies - it was fun! and i was glad to have hidden some scones before anyone came because there were none left at the end...