Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lady Boss


Hermes at the Palmenhaus

Yet another photo related to last weekend. Foulard Addict just sent it to me, and seeing as blogging has sadly taken a back seat since starting my new job, I am grateful he provided me with something to post!

There is one style highlight in the grey office environment, however, and that is my boss. Wish I could post her outfits on a daily basis - they are so wonderfully floaty and feminine in lovely colors and combined with beautiful shoes and accessories. Makes me downright envious - even though I could never pull off that look. Still, my wardrobe seems very measly all of a sudden.

Instead of comparing and becoming miserable, I will try to pick out and incorporate elements that suit me among my own things as well as peruse the thrift and second hand stores with a new look in mind. There will always be someone who is more beautiful, refined, original etc. and if you are lucky enough to have them around on a daily basis, you might as well look to them for inspiration!

2 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-lovely photo and it is great to be inspired by those around us!!

ambika said...

Oh, I commiserate! I hate opening my closet & not being inspired by what's there & I've promised myself the next shopping I do *has* to be at thrift stores.