Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hippie Street


www.essenceonline.com

It is the weekend of the biannual fleamarket in the Neubaugasse, and silly me, I forgot to take my camera. In spring and autumn, antique and second-hand dealers and several of the shops in the area have their wares out for sale all down this extended street. The 7th district is known for its esoteric/alternative residents, so colorful, hand- and homemade items abound, as well as crystals, hippie-store supplies and savory Indian food!

My friends were looking for records and found quite a number. I went without an agenda and bought an Estée Lauder mascara for half-price as well as a big rose quartz for my work PC, seeing I seem to spend half my life in front of it. I even discovered a glove store whose owner promised they would stock affordable long gloves in a couple of weeks. What a tantalizing wait this will be!

1 comment:

Missa said...

Awesome, sounds like my kinda street!