Saturday, October 11, 2008

Recycling Both Ways



Blouse: thrifted
Vest: Mango
Jeans: James
Shoes: thrifted

Yesterday, I came home with three thrifted items of clothing (including this blouse which has stylized roosters on it!) and even outdid my wardrobe resolution of divesting it of as many things as I newly acquire, by getting rid of seven things. Very catharthic! Some of them were things I had recently thrifted, however, which made me realize I am sadly not yet mistress of my sartorial self. Of course, recycling something that only cost a few euros is not as painful as giving away more expensive things, but I would like even this not to happen anymore.

Andrea from A Cat of Impossible Color has synchronistically put a great list together for managing one's wardrobe. I especially like the rule about only investing in something if one can think of at least three ways to wear it and avoiding buying things that require an additional purchase before it works...

3 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-on my finance blog, I posted a few days ago how I'd spent around £150 on clothes since january that had since been donated back to the charity shop! This is on top of what I've bought and kept! I'm really only trying to buy what I truly need and love and what will already go with things in my wardrobe. A great post my dear!

Missa said...

Gorgeous blouse, the color and the necktie are really pretty!

I need to go through my closet and get rid of things desperately!

a cat of impossible colour said...

You look gorgeous! I love that blouse and the pale colours. Very elegant - I always love your style.

And I'm glad the list was helpful! :)