Thursday, January 22, 2009

Change is in the Air


vintageholidaycrafts.com


Thrifting is also a priority while I am here, but the vintage store I was hoping to visit is closed for the entire period of my stay. Instead, we went to a second hand book store in Reston and the Goodwill in Falls Church, VA yesterday. The latter is about 50 times bigger than the 2 charity shops I visit in Vienna! I found 2 summer skirts, 2 warm vests, 2 tee shirts, 1 turtle neck and a crocheted cardigan (this is starting to sound like a certain Christmas tune) for an average of $ 4 per item, what a score!

I still want to find more vintagey or folksy stuff - can anyone recommend a good vintage/thrift store to visit in the Northern Virginia/DC area?

2 comments:

Missa said...

How exciting to be in DC for the inaguration! Glad to hear your thrifting has been productive too!

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-hope you're having a lovely time!!